After appearing in Municipal Court to answer charges, the Judge may sentence a defendant to a term of probation. Depending on the circumstances of the case, the probationer will be required to report to the City of Conyers Probation Office either monthly, biweekly, or weekly, or if out-of-state, to report by phone.
Monthly probation fees vary, depending on the type of probation ordered by the Court.
- Intensive supervision - $50/month
- Supervised probation - $30/month
- Unsupervised probation - $15/month
The laws of the State of Georgia require each probationer to pay $9/month to the Georgia Crime Victims Emergency Fund for each month on active probation. This fee is collected by the City of Conyers and submitted to the appropriate state agency on a monthly basis.
Conditions of Probation
Conditions of probation may include, but are not limited to:
- Jail time
- Community service
- Work release
- Electronic monitoring
- House arrest
- Alcohol/drug evaluation and/or treatment
- Residential alcohol/drug treatment program
- Random alcohol/drug screens
- Defensive driving class
- DUI or drug risk reduction program
- GED class
- Maintain full-time employment
- Ignition-interlock device
- AA/NA meetings
- Victim Impact Panel
Upon request of the probationer, the Probation Office can provide a listing of Alcohol/Drug evaluation and/or treatment providers, ignition interlock vendors, local DUI and Drug Risk Reduction program providers, and local employment agencies.