Public Input Sought in Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update
As the city of Conyers prepares to update the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP), the public is invited to a series of public meetings designed to inform, educate, and solicit feedback from citizens.
The city of Conyers is working with the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) to update the CLUP, a document that helps dictate public policy through transportation, land use, recreation, housing and economic development. The public meetings, conducted by ARC officials, city leaders and members of the CLUP steering committee, will solicit input from citizens in providing objectives and goals, identifying strengths and challenges within the community, and applying action steps to achieve goals by 2038, as part of the 20-year plan.
“Citizen participation and input is critical to the planning process,” said Director of Planning and Inspections Marvin Flanigan. “These meetings are designed to be highly informative and interactive for our citizens in order to provide a roadmap of how Conyers can evolve and what it should look like 20 years from now.”
The schedule of the series of meetings to discuss the CLUP is as follows:
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 7:00 p.m, City Council Chambers (second floor of the Conyers Police Department), 1194 Scott Street
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018, 7:00 p.m., City Council Chambers, (second floor of the Conyers Police Department), 1194 Scott Street
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 7:00 p.m., City Council Chambers, (second floor of the Conyers Police Department), 1194 Scott Street
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 7:00 p.m., Rockdale County Assembly Hall, 901 Main Street
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 7:00 p.m., City Council Chambers, (second floor of the Conyers Police Department), 1194 Scott Street
Citizens unable to attend a public meeting may request a copy of materials and information shared at the public meeting by contacting the Department of Planning Inspections at 770-929-4280.