Mission Statement: The Conyers Downtown Development Authority (DDA) was created by the Mayor and Council of the City of Conyers to be a catalyst for revitalization, promotion, development and redevelopment of Olde Town Conyers.
The Conyers DDA will accomplish this by:
- Retaining and expanding new businesses,
- Recruiting new businesses, new development and redevelopment,
- Promoting balanced growth and enhancing the character of Olde Town,
- Implementing beautification and quality of life projects,
- Exploring incentives and development options within the tax allocation district, and
- Utilizing the Main Street Program approach to manage, promote and enhance the city's historic downtown district.
More about the Conyers DDA: The DDA consists of the following members: Brandon Mitchell (Chairman), Jacob Bailey, Al Chapar, Jr., Renee Marrett, Keish Momin (Vice Chairman), George Levett, Jr., and Ashley Rustom.
The DDA typically meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the City Manager's Office at City Hall. Meetings are open to the public and are subject to change. For more information or to contact a member of the Downtown Development Authority, call 770-483-4411 or DDA liaison and secretary Jennifer Edwards at 770-929-4299.
DDA Facade Grant Application
The Conyers Downtown Development Authority offers a facade grant application process for businesses and property owners within the designated boundaries of Olde Town Conyers (see application map) interested in rehabilitating and enhancing the exterior of their buildings. The application is available for download below.
e-station Conyers is a non-profit project to provide Olde Town Conyers and the community the resources for entrepreneurs and startup businesses to explore new ideas in the company of others and build opportunities for new businesses that will grow the local company and provide new employment opportunities.
The Conyers Downtown Development Authority is a proud sponsor and supporter of e-station Conyers. For more information, check out the e-station website.